Friday, July 27, 2012

Shake It Baby! Operation Fit Mama: Shakeology Review

Beachbody is known for it's great fitness videos, i.e. P90x, Insanity, TurboJam, etc. But have you heard of Shakeology?? Here is what Beachbody has to say about Shakeology.

Shakeology isn't just a protein shake, it is total nutrition. Shakeology contains over 70 ultra-high quality ingredients to deliver nearly all the nutrients you need to maintain a healthy diet.

What's in it? * Protein from whey, which is highly absorbable, gives you 8 amino acids that help you build muscle, lose weight, supoort brain function, and keep your skin and bones healthy. * 23 vitamins and minerals to support optimum health. * Antioxidants to boost the immune system and help reduce free radical damage that can lead to heard disease, heart attacks, blood pressure, and stroke. *Phytonutrients to support immune function and have anti-inflammatory properties. Many phytonutrients have antioxidant properties as well. *Prebiotics and digestive enzymes to support digestive health. Shakeology works to ways when taken daily. It helps your body gently eliminate toxins while allowing for better absorption of the essential nutrients you need. It will also reduce cravings, help you feel more energized, keep you full, and it is scientifically proven to reduce "bad" cholesterol levels by an average of 38%
Ok, so I was given the opportunity to try Shakeology. And I was pleasantly surprised. I'm a follower in the sense that my husband is very into nutrition, and he does a lot of research. His protein drink of choice, Syntrax has thus been my protein shake of choice. I don't venture far off the beaten path, but I had always been curious about Shakeology. So, the thing I was most surprised about Shakeology when I first really looking into it is that, it is also GMO free, casein free, gluten free, corn free, honey free, MSG free, shellfish free, yeast free, peant free, excitiotoxin free, penicillin free, synthetic vitamin free, and artificial sweetner free. I love that it is vegan. And the no MSG, GMO or artificial sweetners is great. But for someone who is very allergic to penicillin, I found it scary to think that Shakeology boasts their "lack of" penicillin. Are there really nutritional supplements out there that do contain something I'm very allergic of? You bet your buns I'm going to look for that on labels now! The Shakeology I tried was the Chocolate and it was very yummy! I mixed mine with about 3/4 cup fat free milk, 3 cubes of ice, and a handful of fresh ripe raspberries. It didn't smell vitamin-ee (is that a word?) like many supplements. It also didn't take artificial. I'm used to nutritional supplements not tasting that great, so this was impressive.
The next thing that impressed me was that I used our "Magic Bullet" to mix my drink since it was early in the morning and I was the only one in the family awake yet. I didn't want to bust out the mac daddy blender. Shakeology really does blend evenly! Even in the Magic Bullet! No chunks of powder. That's a definite plus in my book! As a meal replacement, I think it also passes the test. I was not starving by lunch time and felt just as satisfied as when I ate my usual breakfast. I haven't used it long term to attest for it's aiding in weight lost, lowering cholesterol, etc. But did notice they offer a 30 day money back guarantee, even if the bag is empty. So there really isn't much to lose! Interested in trying Shakeology? You can visit Beachbody.com to find out more and order yours!

3 comments:

  1. You know I've always to try this! I'm actually trying "Body by Vi" tonight - thinking about doing the 90 day challenge! This gives me hope on trying these too, the non "vitamin-y" taste makes it that much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I'd known they offer they 30 day money back guarantee, I might've tried these sooner! :) Let me know how the "Body by Vi" goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing! I've heard of this before but didn't know much about it! I'm so glad you linked up to the Mommy-Brain Mixer, friend! I hope to see you again next week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews