Sunday, April 8, 2012

Guest Post: Amber Day Dreams

I am so excited today to have a guest post from Amber over at Amber Day Dreams! I think you're really going to love this one!

Hi, my name is Amber and today Ricki has been sweet enough to let me be a guest blogger on her wonderful blog! I’m a young wife, online marketing coordinator to make the bucks, and in my free time I’m usually behind a sewing machine or doing some sort of project for my home. I also have my own blog, where I talk about life, travel and fun crafty-things. You can stop by my blog at amberdaydreams.blogspot.com/.

Since I’ve gotten married, I’ve realized that there are way too many types of cleaners to keep track of and I have really started leaning towards using homemade cleaners to get the job done instead. There are lots of bonuses to using natural homemade cleaners – you save money, you help the environment, and it makes cleaning a little more enjoyable since you are using something you made. And I’m all for making cleaning a little more enjoyable!



The first rule of thumb in household cleaners is that vinegar is your friend. Vinegar helps clean and does an amazing job at getting rid of unpleasant odors. I know it doesn’t have the best smell, but the odor leaves once it dries completely and it sure beats the harsh chemical smell. I buy my vinegar in a large jug since I find myself using it quite often. I even add a couple splashes to my laundry when I’m washing a load with my hubby’s socks. lol. To get you started on your natural cleaning adventures, here are a couple of very easy recipes you can start using to make your house shine:

Garbage Disposal / Sink Deodarizer / Toilet Cleaner:
Ingredients: baking soda, vinegar

Instructions: Pour about a cup or two of baking soda in the garbage disposal or sink so that it actually goes down the drain and a little around the drain for good measure. Then pour about a cup or two of vinegar over the baking soda. It will start to fizz and it helps break down build-up in your drains and get rid of any odor from the garbage disposal. Leave that for about an half hour before running any water down the sink. This same reaction can also be used to clean toilets and other dirty areas of the house.

Oven Cleaner:
Ingredients: baking soda, water in spray bottle

Instructions: Sprinkle the bottom of your oven with some baking soda and then spray it with some water. Let that sit overnight or for 7-8 hours. Then scrape off the spills with a sturdy spatula. Follow that by wiping up with water and a clean sponge or towel.

Glass & Mirror Cleaner:
Ingredients: 2 cups water, ½ cup of white or cider vinegar, ¼ cup rubbing alcohol

Instructions: Pour all the ingredients into a spray bottle. Spray onto a cloth or paper towel and then wipe your glass, windows, and mirrors clean.



These are just a few easy recipes to get you started to a greener method of cleaning. I hope this blog was helpful and that you’ll find them easy to integrate into your lifestyle.

Go Make Your Daydreams Happen
~Amber~



What Amber didn't mention is she also has an amazing Etsy shop as well. You can check it out HERE

She makes beautiful pillow covers, burp cloths, baby blankets, and my favorite item....



How cute are these reusable sandwich bags???

Thank you Amber for guest hosting! We'd love to have you back any time!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great tips, nice to see Amber on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it, and I agree - it was very nice of Ricki to let me guest post.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews