Saturday, June 2, 2012

DIY - Framed Corkboard by Rogue Baby

Do you have any old frames, where maybe the glass has been broken, and you just aren't sure what to do with them? Or do you have a super talented husband like I do?

My husband made me this gorgeous rustic cherry wood frame. He builds, stains, and installs custom cabinets for a living, so I am one lucky girl! He built this from scratch and wasn't happy with how it turned out, so it became mine to do with what I please...



When we bought this house last fall, we also bought a new stainless steel refigerator. I had no idea real stainless steel won't hold magnets, so I decided a cork board would be a perfect use for this frame in my kitchen. So I bought cork squares and affixed them to a cardboard backer,with hot glue, like so...



I then used grossgrain ribbon to make a gridded look on the cork board to hide the seams...



and glued it into place with hot glue on the back seams. And here is the finished product! Now I just need to find some cute push pins and start pinning my grocery lists, to - do lists, and beautiful artwork by Boo Boo!



6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing!
    Stopped by from Networked on http://www.momsdailyzen.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great DIY project and lucky you for having such a crafty husband! Mine was an electrician (now in the sales side) so the first thing he did when we moved into our new house was install new lights EVERYWHERE! lol

    Stopping by from the Summer Mom Bop Blog Hop on Mom's Daily Zen! Thanks for joining in!

    -Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute! Would love for you to share at my linky party - stringtownhome.blogspot.com.

    Your newest follower!
    -Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm your newest GFC follower :) Great DIY project. Simple and yet really cool! Thanks for sharing!! Hope you have a great week! Feel free to swing by for a visit sometime...

    -Jessica
    http://mommiesblog2011.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really cute! Thanks for sharing on "Strut Your Stuff Saturday!" We hope to see you this friday! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neat idea...I love corkboards and I have a ton in my house. Thanks for sharing your project!

    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews