Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I'm still a horrible blogger...

A while back, I wrote a little post about why I am a horrible blogger. And you'd think, after calling myself out, in public, I'd have decided to improve. But alas, I logged into the blog tonight and realized, I haven't posted in nearly a full week. And it's been even longer since I posted a recipe, tutorial, or anything beyond my non-sensical rambling.

In my last post, I said....

I'm not quite certain their are pre-requisites to being a successful blogger. Your success varies greatly by your goals. Some bloggers use their blog as an online journal, not even caring how many followers they have. On the other end of the spectrum, there are others who blog for a living, and do well at it!

And now, here are my responses to my previous reasons, and a few more I've decided to add, just for good measure, in case you doubted me the first time.

I am inconsistent. My life does not allow me the opportunity to post consistently. I post when I can, about what I want. Readers want new content. Quality content. And on a regular basis.
Ok, I've already called myself out on this one. I have so many wonderful ideas, but like the horrible blogger I am, never take the time to execute them. Oh the recipes I'd love to share with ya'all! Ok, I did post some good helpful Etsy tips here and here...

I do not like myself enough. I hate having my picture taken. I am not saying all bloggers are vain. Their self portraits and what I wore outfits are adorable. I'd love to have that kind of confidence to plaster myself all over my blog. But I don't. Therefore, you will see very few photos of me on here. And you will never get a VLOG from me. Never!
All still 100% true, although, I did branch out and try a "What I Wore" post awhile back. Epic Fail. Don't believe me... check it out, I DARE YOU!


I am not trendy. My fashion sense is, hmmmmm, lacking? I definitely cannot do skinny jeans, and I don't keep up with what is in style. I don't have cable tv or satelite so I cannot blog about reality tv shows or breaking news. I haven't read 50 Shades of Grey, and do not intend to. Yeah, I'm just kind of boring like that.
I am still totally oblivious to the majority of pop culture. I still refuse to read 50 Shades of Grey, and to top it off, have yet to read or see "The Hunger Games." Wanna know something even crazier, I don't even have poor people TV access.. no local channels even! #darkages

I have really been working on that one photo per post still. But finding just the right one was a toughie....

Enjoy!




P.S. Bonus Reason (is still in effect)... I do not have InstaGram...because.. drumroll.. I do not have a smart phone! #yikes

2 comments:

  1. Well, I'm your newest follower AND I've read 50 Shades and I am obsessed with Hunger Games! (Seriously obsessed!) I think it's totally fine to just be who you are--skinny jeans or not! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you call yourself an horrible blogger, then I totally suck! :/ last week I was so proud, a post a day for three days in a row... Then I realized I haven't posted in a week...again! And with less than 20 followers... I often question myself!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews