Friday, April 14, 2017

How to Tackle Spring Cleaning Like a Boss

The sun is out here in Southern Oregon and it's starting to feel like Spring finally! I'm starting to get that Spring cleaning itch again and thought I'd share a few tips on how I tackle this task and some tasks I've added over the years.

Since I work full time during the week and work my Etsy shop on the nights and evenings, in can feel like there aren't enough hours in the day. And, I'll admit, my house could always be a little cleaner. I try to make sure to accomplish small tasks daily and generally dishes are done, floors are clean, bathrooms are clean, etc. But you know, life happens and stuff collects around the house. So for me, Spring Cleaning is all about deep cleaning and decluttering. So here goes!


1.) Purge -- If you're like me, Spring Cleaning typically involves a run to the thrift store to donate clothes my daughters outgrown among other household items. What about the Linen Closet? This is a great time to inventory the sheets, towels, and determine if they're all really needed. Also, how about the Pantry? Go through and remove anything expired. Better yet, do you have something non-expired that's been there awhile? Find a recipe to incorporate it in -- or donate it to your local food bank.

2.) Care for your Appliances -- Sure we all clean the oven, microwave and fridge. But Spring Cleaning is a great time to clean out your dishwasher and clothing washer as well as the dryer vent on your clothes dryer. These appliances generally don't get the same amount of "love" as the aforementioned.

3.) Purging some more -- what about the medicine cabinet? Clear out all those expired prescriptions. How about the freezer? We all know there is that one mystery freezer bag of something in the back of the freezer with a sold inch of ice around it. Throw that away!

4.) HVAC ceiling vents and Walls -- This is probably something that should be done every 3-6 months, but let's get real -- this is a once a year thing around my place.

5.) Turn on some upbeat music, put your hair in a messy bun, and handle it. As basic as this sounds, I find cleaning so much more enjoyable with some good music cheering me on. And hey, think of all the calories you're burning!

I'd love to hear your tips and tricks for Spring Cleaning too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews